Who we are
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths.
- Information that you provide to us when registering with our website, including your email address.
- Information that you provide when completing your profile on our website (including your name, email address and physical location).
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters, including your name and email address.
- Information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services including the timing, frequency and pattern of service use.
- Information relating to any purchases you make of our services or any other transactions that you enter into through our website (including your name, address, telephone number, email address).
- Information that you post to our website for publication on the internet (including your user name, phone number and email address).
- Information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our website (including the communication content and metadata associated with the communication).
- Any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer our website and business.
- Personalize our website for you.
- Enable your use of the services available on our website.
- Send you goods purchased through our website.
- Send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you and collect payments from you.
- Send you non-marketing commercial communications.
- Send you email notifications that you have specifically requested for.
- Send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter).
- Send you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information).
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website.
- Keep our website secure and prevent fraud.
- Verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service).
If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
Your privacy settings can be used to limit the publication of your information on our website, and can be adjusted using privacy controls on the website.
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors in so far as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the operations jurisdiction unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data. The transfer of personal data outside of the operating jurisdiction is prohibited unless one or more of the specified safeguards or exceptions apply.
- Binding corporate rules.
- Model contract clauses in place.
Personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
Our data retention policies and procedures are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
Notwithstanding the other provisions, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- If we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings.
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
We will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at email@example.com.